7 Ways to Use Lube During Sex
If you've never tried lube on your favourite vibrator or Masturbator, you are missing out on an amazing experience.
Lube is the unsung hero of sex. From easing uncomfortable friction to rescuing you when a condom dries up, there's no limit to what it can add to sex. And nope, you do not need to be post-menopausal to worship at the altar — lube is for literally everyone. And there are tons of ways to use it!
But first, some fast lube facts:
Though lubrication can be made from water, oil, petroleum, or silicone, water-based lube is usually your best bet: It's safe to use with condoms, and it's easily washed away
And now the fun stuff:
1. Use it when you masturbate. Yes, even sex with yourself can be improved with lube. If you have dry hands, no need to use a moisturizing lotion that could contain unwanted chemicals, especially inside you. Just apply a few drops to your finger before touching yourself for a smoother feel.
2. Use it when you masturbate with a vibrator. Imagine the electrifying pulse of your favorite vibrator hitting all the right spots. Now imagine using that same toy to gently glide over your clitoris with the same power, but a totally different, more fluid sensation. A dab of lube on a vibrator is a total game-changer. Just be careful: If your sex toy is made of silicone, you'll definitely want to use a water-based lube, since silicone lubes can deteriorate soft rubber.
3. Use it during vaginal intercourse, obvi. There's no wrong way to use lube during intercourse. You can apply it directly to your body, or to the penis or condom itself. My personal rule of thumb is to start with a dime-size dollop and work up from there. Sure, you may encounter a point at which it's too much (he's slipping everywhere, it's dripping excessively on the sheets), but that's easily remedied with a paper towel. You don't want to reduce all the friction, but that threshold is personal for everyone and you'll know it when you feel it.
4. Use it inside the condom. First off, no guy should ever whine about how using a condom "ruins sex." Buck up, my man. But if your partner is looking for more ways to increase feeling while being protected, Eric Garrison, sexologist and author of Mastering Multiple-Position Sex, has a suggestion. "Many guys complain that a condom diminishes the sensation," Garrison previously told Cosmopolitan.com. "Adding a little lube ups the sensitivity he feels inside the latex." If you put a drop or two inside the rubber before you unroll the it, that might unlock a world of feeling, and it should be certainly be enough to shut him up.
5. Use it during anal intercourse (also obvi). While you might hit a limit of "yeah, too much" during vaginal intercourse, that ceiling will be much higher with anal sex, because the booty does not create its own lubricant like a vagina does. LOAD IT ON THERE! Too much is never enough with butt stuff.
6. Use it during a blow job. This might sound counterintuitive, but it's true! Sex therapist Gina Ogden, PhD, author of The Return of Desire, previously explained: "Women often use spit, but it can be hard to muster up enough," says Ogden. "A flavored lube provides enough wetness that your jaw won't get as tired." So there you have it.
7. Use it for a sexy massage. Since any good-quality lube is body-safe, why not try it during nonsexual foreplay? Using it to aid a back massage can take things from relaxing to "holy hell your touch is electrifying, can we please have sex?"
What other customers are saying about this sex toy
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed