Posted on March 27, 2011
Masalatoys.Com is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our transaction process is extremely safe and that our customers' information is secure. For enhanced security Masalatoys.Com does not store any financial information on its servers. All such information entered by you is directly received by our payment processor and are then transmitted to your banks servers. All this is done through industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Majority of online transactions are completed without incident. However, please keep in mind that customer protection is a two-way street. When buying on any online venue, caution must always be practiced. Following are some guidelines that you should follow to ensure safe and secure online shopping experience.
Safety and Security Tips
- Protect your passwords.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a valid password, use letters and numbers only and it should be 6-15 characters long. –A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Be wary of unsolicited e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Masalatoys.Comwill never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their Masalatoys.Compassword, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted on the web page forms, when completing an order on Masalatoys.Com or when making updates to Your Account areas and never on phone or e-mail to us. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead go directly to www.masalatoys.com and then to your account.
- If you are contacted by, or receive an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown entity impersonating as Masalatoys.Com or any of its sister concerns or associates, and are asked to confirm or provide your password or personal or banking information, simply disregard the request and report the incident to Masalatoys.Com for investigation.
- Customers should always carefully review order and shipment confirmation e-mails to ensure that they are legitimate and have been sent by masalatoys.com. To do this, simply cross-reference confirmation e-mails with the transaction history found in your account area. If you receive shipment confirmation e-mail for a transaction you have not done, report the incident to masalatoys.com
- A word of caution is that never disclose any confidential information such as password in any communication with us or with any of our employee. MasalaToys will never ask for such information over e-mails or phone.
- If you receive an e-mail asking for personal details such as password never respond to it.
- A phishing email will normally have a tone of urgency – like "Your account will be temporarily suspended" and therefore please "Login to keep your account active." Please remember MasalaToys will NEVER send such emails to its customers.?
- If you are doubtful about the credibility of the email, please DO NOT click on any link provided in the email. This may trigger malicious codes being installed on your PC. You must report the incident to masalatoys.com
- If you receive a suspected spoofed Masalatoys.Com e-mail, or discover a fake Masalatoys.Com website, please report the incident to masalatoys.com.
- Ensure your Personal Computer is protected:
- Fraudsters send genuine-looking emails that contain viruses and Trojans (A Trojan refers to a program that appears to be safe, but hidden inside, is usually something harmful, probably a virus). These viruses / Trojans, install a malicious code on your PC without your knowledge. They extract your confidential information that fraudsters use to access your online profile / account etc.
- Here are a few important action points that you should bear in mind:
- Keep your PC updated with the latest anti-virus / anti-spyware software.
- Install a personal firewall on your PC to protect your account.
- Keep your PC updated with the latest security patches and, most importantly,
- Do not click on links or open attachments in unknown or unsolicited (spam) emails.